Governor Walz issued an executive order for all Minnesotans to Stay at Home from March 27 at 11:59 PM to April 10 in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. We are committed to doing our part to help protect the health and safety of the community we serve and our employees.
As part of this order, Minnesotans are still able to be outside to get exercise and fresh air. Our parks will remain open as places to recreate and recharge, as long as the social and physical distancing requirements of maintaining six feet between others are followed.
All buildings, including restrooms and drinking fountains, will be closed until further notice. Playgrounds are also closed. We will continue to monitor the situation and assess what is feasible to open and when.
We ask all visitors, especially during the Stay at Home order, to be respectful of others in the park and of the natural resources we are working to protect. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all, we ask you to:
* Practice social and physical distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
* Come prepared to not have access to restrooms, drinking water or trash disposal.
* Refrain from gathering or congregating in parking lots, entrances or other areas of the parks.
* Leave no trace – please carry your trash out of the park with you for disposal at home. This includes picking up after your dog.
* Keep dogs on a 6-foot leash (except in designated off-leash areas).
* Follow the CDC’s recommended guidelines for personal hygiene and etiquette prior to and during your visit.
* Avoid visiting if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting symptoms consistent with a respiratory illness.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we all work to help keep our community healthy and safe. We know that spending time outside and getting exercise is good for our physical and mental health, and we are happy to provide these opportunities to the community, especially at important times like these.